Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Nutrisystem Sample Menu - A Typical Day's Worth of Food on This Diet

,
Paleo Lunch :

I get a lot of emails asking me about the food offerings, taste, and variety of the Nutrisystem foods.  I understand this because when I was researching this diet, the food was what I was most interested in also.  After all, you're going to be eating this food at almost every meal (unless you go with the flex program) so it's important that you'll actually find it enjoyable or at least tolerable.  Because if you don't, it's just not going to be a positive experience that you'll want to repeat or stick with. So, in the following article, I'll list what would be a sample or typical menu for me so that you can see what a day might be like should you chose this diet.

Nutrisystem Sample Menu - A Typical Day's Worth of Food on This Diet

Decent Amounts Of Variety, Decent Taste: Before I get into the actual meals, I want to take a minute to assure you that the food really is not that bad.  Most of it is not only edible, but actually pretty good. And the choices are pretty plentiful on Nutrisystem. There are over 170 foods to chose from, and much of them are comfort foods, snacks and desserts.  You really do get to eat pizza, burgers, tacos, and cake on this plan.  And while this fare doesn't exactly taste like junk food, it's decent enough and you have to appreciate being able to eat these things because not all diets would allow this.

Sample Nutrisystem Breakfast:  I think that breakfast is really composed of the best that this diet has to offer.  There are so many decent choices here.  I love the blueberry muffins and scones. The pancakes are decent too.  I don't like oatmeal as a general rule, but the diet oatmeal tastes a lot like Quaker brand, and the cereal is a nice option to have, as this is technically a low carb diet.  I suppose the only option that I steer clear of for breakfast is the eggs, but I don't like non diet eggs either.

Nutrisystem Mid Morning Snack Offerings:  The premise of this diet consists of three meals, one snack, and dessert.  I like to have my snack mid morning, but you could have it at any time.  I know a lot of people who have it at around 3 o'clock when they begin to get hungry for dinner.  I like to have the pretzels or the chips here.  You can also have some of the dessert foods as your snack, and although I will do this sometimes, I often try and stick to the salt for my snack rather than the sweet.

Nutrisystem Lunch Sample Menu: If there is a weakness of the  diet, the lunch is it, in my opinion.  There are just too many soup options and I don't like soup.  I finally wised up and learned to just order more dinners with my package.  This doesn't cost anymore and the company allows you to hand pick your foods.  However, if I did have to chose from the lunch foods, I'd go with the cheese tortellini or the fudge bar. The chicken salad isn't too bad either.

Typical Nutrisystem Dinner: The offerings become much better here.  There's a lot to like.  I find the pizza to be pretty good (I like the flat bread variety.) The macaroni and cheese and lasagna are also good.  The tacos require a little dressing up, but they can be made to be tasty.  The mushroom risotto is addictive and I would eat this even if I were not on a diet.  The texture on this is wonderful and very creamy.

Nutrisystem Dessert Choices: This too is where the diet shines.  There is not one option that I don't like in this category, but I'd have to say that my favorites are the almond biscotti and the chocolate cake. If I had to pick my least favorite, it would probably be the strawberry short cake bar as this really isn't like your traditional dessert, but this one is still pretty tasty. I just would rather they have made it an actual cake or muffin rather than a bar.

You would have the same menu if you you went with the flex plan.  The foods offered aren't any different. What's different is that you're only eating the foods five days out of the week rather than every day.  You get any two days off on the flex plan so it's the cheapest option out there.


“ How to pack a delicious day's lunch and snacks in minutes 100% Guaranteed ”


0 comments to “Nutrisystem Sample Menu - A Typical Day's Worth of Food on This Diet”

Post a Comment

 

Paleo Lunch Ideas Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger