Sunday, July 29, 2012

Calming Dessert Cravings When You Are Eating Healthy

,
Paleo Lunch :

I have heard of a saying that goes: "You can't out train your diet." In other words, if you eat a lot of junk, no amount of exercise you do will give you results. I had to learn this the hard way. For years, I struggled with getting into the exercise habit. Finally, I changed my mindset and now I exercise regularly and actually enjoy it.

Calming Dessert Cravings When You Are Eating Healthy

However, although I exercise, my diet was still the same. I cleaned it up a little by cutting out soda and watching my junk food intake, but it wasn't enough. I wasn't losing any weight. I realized I had to change my mindset with food the same way I did with fitness.

The first thing I did was to calculate what my daily caloric intake should be. I also tracked my calories the first few weeks to get an idea of the calorie content of meals as well as learn portion control. Yet, my biggest struggle were my dessert cravings. I was used to eating desserts on a daily basis.

Typically after lunch and dinner, I want something sweet. Now after lunch, I reach for fruit but after dinner, I want chocolate. Chocoholics out there can understand what I'm talking about. This is where I utilize Shakeology. If you are not familiar with it, it is an ultra-premium nutritional supplement.

Some people use protein shakes as their dessert replacement. You can also blend up fruit smoothies to accomplish the same thing. Reaching for fruit is a lot healthier than giving in to your favorite treats. If you're concerned about carbohydrate intake, do a search for "paleo desserts." Paleo dieters avoid the bad carbs found in white flour and refined sugar. They often have great recipes for desserts.

Be careful with eating protein bars as a dessert substitute. Find ones that are not full of sugar as they can be just as high in calories and carbs as a slice of chocolate cake. The same goes for granola bars, pudding snacks, etc., and other snacks that are commonly marketed as health food.

Finally, don't deprive yourself of a favorite treat once in awhile. I usually indulge one day a week by eating one of my favorite desserts. I don't go overboard with it, but just enough to be satisfied and not crave it for the rest of the week. I think over time, the cravings will become less and less.


“ How to pack a delicious day's lunch and snacks in minutes 100% Guaranteed ”


0 comments to “Calming Dessert Cravings When You Are Eating Healthy”

Post a Comment

 

Paleo Lunch Ideas Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger